This sweet and sour pork recipe contains a lot of information, so I'll skip the usual attempts at a charming story and just give you the main points!
- ½ lb pork(200 g), chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup corn flour(100 g)
- 2 ½ cups oil(500 mL)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ⅔ cup pineapple(150 g)
- ¼ cup white caster sugar(50 g)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar(50 mL)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
A GUIDE TO CREAMY MUSHROOM PASTA
It takes under 30 minutes to cook Sweet and Sour Pork from start to finish!
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade with the pork in a bowl. Cover the bowl and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Place the cornmeal in a large bowl and toss the marinated pork pieces until they are liberally coated.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet to 350°F (180°C).
- Fry the pork pieces for about 3-4 minutes, until the coating is golden brown and the pork is cooked through. Set aside.
- For the sauce, put a pan on medium heat and add the oil.
- Fry the garlic until it is fragrant, then fry the peppers until they are soft.
- Add the pineapple and heat thoroughly.
- Add the sugar, vinegar and ketchup and stir. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the pork to the pan and coat evenly with the sauce.
- Serve the sesame seeds on top.