If you're feeling down, make this creamy mushroom pasta dish. Rich and flavourful, this dinner is made with cream, parmesan, white wine, lemon zest, and parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 250g button chestnut mushroom , sliced
- 1 garlic clove , finely grated
- 100ml dry white wine
- 200ml double cream
- 1 lemon , zest only
- 200g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated, plus extra to serve
- 300g tagliatelle or linguini
- ½ small bunch parsley , finely chopped
A GUIDE TO CREAMY MUSHROOM PASTA
It takes about 25 minutes to cook Creamy mushroom pasta from start to finish!
- Melt the butter and oil in a medium saucepan. During the first 10 minutes of frying, cook the onion until it becomes translucent and soft.
- Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat with the mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes after adding the garlic. Reduce the liquid by half by adding the wine and bringing it to a simmer.
- Bring the double cream to a boil before adding the lemon zest and parmesan. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. 100ml of the pasta water should be set aside. Toss the pasta with the creamy sauce and just enough of the reserved water to loosen it up in the pan. Stir in the parsley, divide among bowls, and sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired.