My grandmother's roasted chicken recipe. This tiny method works and makes the people eating it become silent. I've never had a chicken this juicy before. It's amusing. After that, we chew on celery.
- Garlic + Butter = Garlic Butter
- Olive oil
- A touch of lemon
- A hint of dry white wine
A GUIDE TO ROASTED CHICKEN
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rinse the chicken and blot it dry with a paper towel.
- Rub olive oil, melted butter, wine (if using), and lemon juice all over the chicken, including underneath the skin and within the cavity.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and parsley on the outside and interior. Don't be scared to use a lot of it!
- Garlic, minced, should be rubbed all over the chicken, even under the skin. To maximize the garlic flavor, I do this separately as the last step.
- Stuff the garlic head, rosemary sprigs, and half-squeezed lemon into the cavity of the bird. Thyme sprigs or any other herb can also be used.
- Roast chicken until cooked through, basting halfway through the cooking period.
- Until golden and crispy, broil!