- 4 large chicken breasts halved (or 4 small chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 sprig of thyme optional
- 1 red chili (optional)
A GUIDE TO CHICKEN WITH BUTTER SAUCE
- Flatten chicken breasts slightly using a meat tenderizer. Place flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a large zip lock bag. Shake to mix. Add chicken breasts and shake once more to coat chicken.
- Melt butter in one of our frying pans or skillets on medium-high heat. Add floured chicken breasts and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly browned. The butter will begin to foam then settle down.
- Remove chicken from the pan and add the lemon slices thyme and red chilli to pan. Cook lemon slices and chilli for 1 about 1 minute per side. Return chicken to pan and top with the cooked lemons.
- Best eaten with a hearty appetite and a side of rice, veggies or a salad.